- 1 banana (can be frozen) add a few ice cubes if using fresh
- handful of walnuts
- sweetener of choice to desired sweetness. I use 5 drops of stevia.
- 1/4 tsp real vanilla extract
- handful of greens. I use baby kale
- liquid of your choice to desired thickness. I use unsweetened, unflavored almond milk.
Pulverize till very smooth in a blender. We have the Nutribullet. Love this machine. Easy to put together, take apart and clean. No mess, no fuss. And if you rinse right then, stuff doesn’t stick to the sides. And I even have my husband trained to rinse it out right away. Not sure how that happened. He also has great pride in this machine. So much so that he is hoping it dies ASAP so he can go out and buy the newer version that has a 900 watt motor and a much bigger cup. It’s more expensive of course so I am still hoping to keep the old one as long as possible. My husband’s version of the green smoothie is really different and likely not for beginners. LOL! My recipe can easily keep the green smoothie newbie happy for a long time. In fact I have not moved on since I like it so much!
Enjoy! And thanks for reading!